Friday, March 2, 2012

Davy Jones Cause Of Death Was Heart Attack

An autopsy confirmed that Monkees singer Davy Jones died as a result of a heart attack.
By Gil Kaufman


Davy Jones
Photo: Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Image

A day after the sudden passing of former Monkees singer Davy Jones, the medical examiner's office in Martin County, Florida completed an autopsy on the former teen heartthrob on Thursday morning and concluded he died of a heart attack.

According to E! Online, tests revealed that the 1960s heartthrob
 was felled by ventricular fibrillation due to severe coronary atherosclerosis. In other words, he died as a result of an abnormal heart rhythm caused by the blocking of blood flow to the heart due to hardening of the arteries. Toxicology tests could take another six to eight weeks, but authorities don't believe that there is anything else to blame for the 66-year-old "Daydream Believer" singer's death. TMZ reported on Thursday that Jones suffered the heart attack at a ranch near his Florida home where the former jockey wannabe was visiting his horses. A ranch hand saw Jones in distress in his car and called an ambulance, which took the 1960s TV star to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Jones is survived by his third wife, Jessica, and four children from previous marriages. His former TV band mate paid tribute to Jones following his death, with drummer/singer Mickey Dolenz saying in a statement, "the time we worked together and had together is something I'll never forget. He was the brother I never had and this leaves a gigantic hole in my heart."

Peter Tork added, "It is with great sadness that I reflect on the sudden passing of my long-time friend and fellow adventurer, David Jones. His talent will be much missed; his gifts will be with us always. Adios to the Manchester Cowboy." Guitarist Michael Nesmith posted a lengthy tribute on his Facebook page, writing, "That David has stepped beyond my view causes me the sadness that it does many of you. I will miss him, but I won't abandon him to mortality," he said. "I will think of him as existing within the animating life that insures existence. I will think of him and his family with that gentle regard in spite of all the contrary appearances on the mortal plane.

 David's spirit and soul live well in my heart, among all the lovely people, who remember with me the good times, and the healing times, that were created for so many, including us.

 I have fond memories. I wish him safe travels."

Related Artists

asbestos attorneys san diego attorney cancer law lawyer mesothelioma settlement lawyer in mesothelioma

1 comment:

  1. Live is short death is sure that is why we need to enjoy all the time
    tribute bands

    ReplyDelete