Saturday, December 15, 2012

PREVIEW: York City vs Bristol Rovers

MATT Lund returns to Bristol Rovers' midfield at York City tomorrow determined to play his part in improving the club's poor disciplinary record.

The Stoke City loanee missed last week's 1-0 home defeat by Dagenham & Redbridge through a one-match ban after being sent off in the previous game at Wycombe Wanderers.

That made him the sixth Rovers player to receive a red card in the space of nine games, the others being Tom Parkes, Oli Norburn, Garry Kenneth, Eliot Richards and Wayne Brown.

The last thing Mark McGhee needs right now is to lose players through suspension and Lund admitted his indiscretion at Wycombe could have been avoided,

"It was stupid on my part," he said. "I've apologised to the manager and my team-mates and I will definitely learn from it.

"Frustration got the better of me. On a personal level, I wasn't having the best game and it got to me.

"We are not a nasty team, but that's what we will be labelled if we are not careful. We have been picking up too many red cards and it has to stop."

Lund admitted to fearing a harsher punishment for the tackle that brought his red card at Adams Park.

"Because I had picked up five bookings before the incident, I thought the ban might be longer than one game. It was quite a relief when I learned that wasn't the case," he said.

The 22-year-old, loaned to Rovers by Stoke to gain first-team experience, has been employed in three different positions by McGhee this season

"I've enjoyed right-back and don't mind playing there or in midfield," said Lund. "Centre-back was a bit different because you need to be more physical.

"The manager has asked me what is my preferred role, but the truth is I just want to be in the team and will do the job he asks of me.

"My loan expires on January 2. I would be pleased to stay longer, but that's for the two clubs to decide.

"I was told when I signed that the situation would be reviewed after six months and that remains the case."

York are not in the best of form and Lund agreed it is a fixture that offers a good chance to begin a revival.

"It's never easy away from home, but if we can make a good start and get the first goal it is a game we can look to win," he said.

"A victory going into the busy Christmas period would be great for confidence and give us something to build on."

PREVIEW: York City vs Bristol Rovers

filing a mesothelioma lawsuit irvine auto accident lawyer mississippi mesothelioma lawyers

No comments:

Post a Comment