Sunday, July 15, 2012

EDL and those who don't like them that much.

I am not a EDL supporter much like many others. On the eve of the demonstration in Bristol (Friday 13th) I somewhat took to Twitter in voicing my opinion. The response I got from a ''Marc Hagan'' who professed to be a supporter shocked me most: ''You clearly know fu** all about the #edl - you sound like one of those blacks with a chip on your shoulder tbh'' then to top it off after I told him to go away with another 2 word phrase: ''Haha - typical angry black man that likes to shout 'racist' & blame white man for his failure.'' Freedom of speech is beautiful, but when we see groups such as the EDL blatantly riddled with its own extremism and giving individuals an excuse to intensify racist views, it really degrades the human right. At one point the official EDL twitter account popped in for a chat, but by this time I had reported the comments even to the police.
The fact the EDL were outnumbered 2-fold by the Anti-EDL movement and the success of Pride shows us a lot. Out on Castle Park I met a young man who told me he was proud to be 'a decent Bristolian' doing what he thought was right in joining We Are Bristol. Couldn't ask for much more.

los angeles asbestos lawyer dui lawyers in phoenix asbestos attorney lawyer mesothelioma

No comments:

Post a Comment